Word Count: 300
Required: Include a link to your autobiography or, if you are able, embed it in your post using HTML.
Over the past two weeks, you've thought a lot about your development as a reader, not just as a young adult, but also as a small child. You've considered your parents' involvement in your reading life as well as some of the most positive and negative experiences you've had with literature. Just as importantly, you've come to see something about the reading lives of the people around you - your teachers, your parents, and your peers.
Questions to Consider
You may answer any, all, or none of the following questions and prompts. Do not treat these questions as a quiz. If you're answering more than one question, focus on blending multiple prompts into a seamless response.
The best responses will bring in links to outside sources, including videos, cartoons, photographs, and articles.
- What conclusions can you come to about yourself as a reader?
- What role did reading or story play in your life as a young child and what affect (if any) do you think it had on your development as a reader?
- What do your positive and negative experiences with reading have in common?
- If you were to create a program that would encourage people to read for enjoyment and personal growth for their entire lives, what would you do?
- Why do you think people stop reading or fall "out of love" with reading as they get older?
- What did you learn about your classmates' reading journeys? Can you come to any tentative conclusions based on your observations?
- What do you think you'll discover in your research on reading?
- How can reading be social?
- What have you noticed about books you dislike? What have you noticed about books you really like?
- What single book or story can you attribute with the key moment in your development as a reader?
Samples of Student Work:
Remember, these examples are of work done last year and represent only one possible way of completing the assignment. This is not the only way to do it. In fact, these are products of the first time this assignment was done and your project can be different and better than these models.